Together, with you as a member
- We’ve helped keep iron and acid mine drainage out of our local creeks. At Tanoma alone, if left untreated, this discharge would impact the headwaters of Crooked Creek with approximately 23 tons/year of iron (Fe).
- We have a renewable energy demonstration project at Tanoma for public viewing.
- We offer educational programs on environmental related issues and other topics of interest to the community.
- We publish a quarterly newsletter with project updates, information on the conservancy projects, topics including wetland plants, rain gardens, and other issues concerning the environment.
- In addition to our Evergreen Brochure and a Tanoma brochure we have a brochure that summarizes the important aspects of the Tanoma AMD Treatment System Wetlands to use when navigating the interpretive trail and a pamphlet on renewable energy.
- We have added signage related to the wetland plants in the area as well as renewable energy and the Trompe.
- We monitor and assess water quality in over 35 streams in Indiana County with the help of many dedicated volunteers.
- EC hold annual membership pot luck meeting/program in June every year.
- We’ve achieved and continue to achieve lasting results in Indiana County and are on our way to helping clean up rivers and places as far away as the Chesapeake Bay.
- Your continued support is crucial to our work.
What you gain
- It’s more than a membership. It’s about taking ownership of where you live, work, and play.
- The number one benefit of membership in the Conservancy is the knowledge that together we can make a greater impact in preserving our region’s natural lands, water and wildlife than by acting alone. Membership in the Conservancy bolsters our ability to influence public decision makers on environmental policy issues at the local, state and national level. Your membership is vital to providing the resources we need to protect our waters, our land and our wildlife. Together we can do more!
- With your membership you will also receive our quarterly newsletter and be invited to attend our annual membership meeting and picnic at Blue Spruce Park where you will vote on the board membership and have a say in the work of the Conservancy
- You also benefit from discounts given by partners who support Evergreen Conservancy:
Spaghetti Benders- 15% discount
Michael B’s Shoe Store- $10 off any purchase
Plant it Earth- 15% discount
Doughnut Connection / Portia’s Bistro- 15% discount
Little Mahoning Creek Pottery 10% discount
Homemade Restaurant Home, PA a 10% discount off the total bill
Artist Hand Gallery has joined us with their support! They will give a 12 oz. (Med) drip coffee for $1 to Evergreen members. www.theartisthandgallery.com or like them on facebook.